The International Model NATO is designed to
- Increase awareness of the role and activities of NATO in the defense of shared democratic values;
- Highlight the major military-security and political issues facing NATO member states;
- Generate understanding of the capabilities and constraints that shape the policies of NATO Member States in matters of collective defense;
- Demonstrate patterns of cooperation and conflict that characterize intra-NATO diplomacy;
- Highlight recent changes affecting NATO’s security policies;
- Demonstrate the need for effective diplomatic, economic, and military cooperative action in an unfolding crisis situation.